Election of Vice President
Vice President Qualifications
Candidates for Vice President must meet the same requirements as a Region Director. In addition, candidates for Vice President must have served three years on the IIMC Board of Directors prior to the time of election. The Vice President automatically advances to President Elect and then to President.
How to Run for Office
All candidates running for office must submit the following items:
- A completed nomination form (PDF) announcing his or her candidacy 120 days prior to the annual meeting (Deadline: Tuesday, January 22, 2019)
- A recent photograph for use in the News Digest -(must be a high quality digital photograph, printed pictures are not acceptable.)
- A 200-word essay (not to exceed 200 words) detailing the candidate's qualifications and emphasizing activities in the Municipal Clerk's profession. Note: Candidates agree and understand that the above information will be published as received in the News Digest. If the submitted statement exceeds 200 words, only the first 200 words will be published without editing by IIMC staff.
- Written endorsement of candidacy from the legislative governmental body they represent
If there is one Vice President candidate, no election is held and the candidate is declared elected. If there are two or more candidates, IIMC conducts an election 30 or more days prior to the beginning of the Annual Conference. Election of a vice-president shall be conveyed to all full members, additional full members and honorary members.
Voted ballots must be received at IIMC headquarters no later than 20 days prior to the opening session of the annual conference. Ballots received after the deadline will not be opened.
A. Upon close of voting, the Executive Director shall immediately (1) tally the votes; (2) communicate the results with the Election Committee Chair; (3) communicate the results with the Vice President candidates; (4) communicate the results with the membership; and (5) post the results on the website.
B. At the Annual Business Meeting, the Elections Chair shall announce the election results including the number of ballots, the number of ballots submitted by the deadline, the number of ballots qualified and counted, and the number of votes each candidate received.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please email IIMC Executive Director Chris Shalby or call (909) 944-4162.
- Nomination Form for Vice President (PDF) (Deadline: Tuesday, January 22, 2019)