Board vacancies are available in the following Regions:
Nomination Forms for the 2023-2026 term must be received by January 13, 2023 and include a recent photograph, a 200-word (maximum) biography, and written support from the legislative governmental body represented by the candidate.
Region II – Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
Region IV – Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas
Region VI – Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin
Region VII – Illinois, Kansas, Missouri
Region VIII East – Colorado, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming
Region VIII West – Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
Region X – (Canada) including Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut Territory, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
Region XI – Outside North America
Qualifications of Candidates for Region Director
To qualify for office as a Region Director, a candidate must:
- Be an IIMC member for at least three (3) years.
- Have served at least three (3) years as a Municipal Clerk or other office as defined in IIMC’s Constitution - Article II, Membership, Section 2 A.
- Have attended at least two Annual Conferences. Attendance may include the conference at which the candidate’s term would begin.
- Be a Full Member or Additional Full Member and, if elected, remain a Full or Additional Full Member during the term of office.
- Provide written support of candidacy from the legislative governmental body they represent.
Election of Region Directors
- If there is only one candidate for Region Director, no election is held, and the candidate is declared elected.
- If there are two or more candidates, IIMC conducts a Region election thirty (30) days or more prior to the beginning of the Annual Conference.
Election results are provided to the candidates prior to the Annual Conference and are announced to the membership at the Annual Business meeting.