Region Directors Vacancies
Board vacancies are available in the following Regions:
Nomination Forms must be received by Wednesday, January 22, 2020 and include a recent photograph, letters of support from your municipality, state/provincial or national associations and a 200 word (maximum) biography.
Region II – Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
Region IV – Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas
Region VI – Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin
Region VII – Illinois, Kansas, Missouri
Region VIII – Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming
Region X – Canada - Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut Territory, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory
Region XI – (outside North America) include Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Israel, The Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa and the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, and Wales).
Qualifications of Candidates for Region Director
To qualify for office as a Region Director, a candidate must:
- Be an IIMC member for at least three (3) years.
- Have served at least three (3) years as a Municipal Clerk or other office as defined in IIMC’s Constitution - Article II, Membership, Section 2 A.
- Have attended at least two Annual Conferences. Attendance may include the conference at which the candidate’s term would begin.
- Be a Full Member or Additional Full Member and, if elected, remain a Full or Additional Full Member during the term of office.
- Provide written support of candidacy from the legislative governmental body they represent.
- Provide written support of candidacy from their state, provincial, or national association within the Region in which they are running.
Election of Region Directors
- If there is only one candidate for Region Director, no election is held, and the candidate is declared elected.
- If there are two or more candidates, IIMC conducts a Region election thirty (30) days or more prior to the beginning of the Annual Conference.
Election results are provided to the candidates prior to the Annual Conference and are announced to the membership at the Annual Business meeting.