Master Municipal Clerk Regions X & XI
Program Details and Designation Benefits
The MMC program is one of the two professional designations granted by IIMC. The MMC program is an advanced continuing education program that prepares participants to perform complex municipal duties. The program has an extensive and rigorous educational component and a professional and social contribution component. The MMC applicant must demonstrate that they have actively pursued education and professional activities.
Already Have Your CMC?
Please follow the application steps below in order to begin the MMC Application process. When filling out the International Application for MMC Designation (PDF), please check the box on the application form that indicates that documents were previously submitted with the International Application for CMC Designation. The Education Department will retrieve these materials to be reviewed once the International Application for MMC Designation has been received.
The following are the requirements for obtaining the MMC designation:
- Hold a CMC designation in good standing
- Be an active Full, Additional Full or Retired Member of IIMC. If you are an Associate Member, please contact the Education Department to discuss your options.
- Reaffirm IIMC's Code of Ethics - This happens when you submit your applications.
- Begin the MMC Step By Step Process (PDF)- This will outline the two required applications needed for certification.
- Attain 60 points in the Advanced Education category - Be sure to check out your local Academy program.
- Attain 40 points in Professional Contributions category
NOTE: All points earned towards the MMC designation must be dated after any prior designation (i.e. CMC, CMC Recertification, or, if applicable, any prior Levels). For example, if the applicant's CMC designation was obtained in March of 2008, no materials dated prior to March of 2008 will be accepted towards the MMC designation.
All points must be earned according to the provisions of the Education Guidelines (PDF).
For additional ways to earn your points, check out the following opportunities:
Need assistance paying for your Academy Program?
MCEF will reimburse you for the cost of your Institute or Academy attendance up to $400. Please visit the Scholarship and Grant page of the website for more information including criteria and applications. This scholarship cannot be applied toward IIMC certification fees.
MMC Certification Fees
The total cost of the MMC Designation is $400.
IIMC requires a non-refundable deposit of $50 to complete admission/enrollment in the program. This $50 deposit will be credited toward the total cost of $400. The remaining balance of $350 may be paid in installments throughout the application process or paid in full upon completion of point requirements.
The following forms are available to assist you with your payments:
- Application for Admission - Please complete this form if you will be paying your initial admission fee online with a credit card.
- Application for Admission (PDF)- Please complete and mail this form along with payment if you will be paying your initial admission fee by check, or would like to mail your payment information in.
- Education Payment Form -Please complete this form if you will be making your final payment using a credit card.
- Education Payment Form (PDF) -Please complete this form and submit it to IIMC Headquarters if you will be submitting a check for your final payment.
Most Frequently Used Documents
The most frequently used MMC documents all in one place for your convenience!
- NEW! MMC Certification Information Brochure (PDF)
- MMC Step-By-Step Guide (PDF)
- Application for Admission- Please complete this form if you will be paying your initial admission fee online using a credit card
- Application for Admission (PDF)- Please complete and mail this form to IIMC headquarters if you will be paying your initial admission fee by check, or would like to mail your payment information in.
- Application for MMC Designation (PDF)- For more information on what this form is and why it is needed click here.
Ashley DiBlasiAssistant Director of Professional Development
Kellie SiggsonEducation Associate
Education DepartmentPhysical Address
8331 Utica Ave.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Phone: (909) 944-4162Fax: (909) 944-8545
HoursMonday through Friday8 a.m. to 5 p.m.