Program Details and Designation Benefits
Assistant Director of Professional Development
8331 Utica Ave.
Ph: (909) 944-4162
Fax: (909) 944-8545
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The MMC program is one of the two professional designations granted by IIMC. The MMC program is an advanced continuing education program that prepares participants to perform complex municipal duties. The program has an extensive and rigorous educational component and a professional and social contribution component. The MMC applicant must demonstrate that they have actively pursued education and professional activities.
Already Have Your CMC?
Please follow the application steps below in order to begin the MMC Application process. When filling out the International Application for MMC Designation
, please check the box on the application form that indicates that documents were previously submitted with the International Application for CMC Designation. The Education Department will retrieve these materials to be reviewed once the International Application for MMC Designation has been received.
The following are the requirements for obtaining the MMC designation:
- Hold a CMC designation in good standing
- Be an active Full, Additional Full or Retired Member of IIMC. If you are an Associate Member, please contact the Education Department to discuss your options.
- Reaffirm IIMC's Code of Ethics - This happens when you submit your applications.
- Begin the MMC Step By Step Process - This will outline the two required applications needed for certification.
- Attain 60 points in the Advanced Education category - Be sure to check out yourlocal Academy program.
- Attain 40 points in Professional Contributions category
NOTE: All points earned towards the MMC designation must be dated after any prior designation (i.e. CMC, CMC Recertification, or, if applicable, any prior Levels). For example, if the applicant’s CMC designation was obtained in March of 2008, no materials dated prior to March of 2008 will be accepted towards the MMC designation.
All points must be earned according to the provisions of the Education Guidelines.
For additional ways to earn your points, check out the following opportunities: