September 10, 2021 - October 29, 2021
September 10, 17 (half-day/afternoon only), 24, and October 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29. The Institute will be hosted virtually through Zoom.
MMC-Level Courses: $55
University of Delaware 2021 Municipal Clerks Institute VIRTUAL
Friday, September 10, 2021
The Fall 2021 Delaware Municipal Clerks Institute is a 40-hour program consisting of seven and a half session days: September 10, 17 (half-day/afternoon only), 24, and October 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29. The Institute will be hosted virtually through Zoom.
Course Topics Include...
- Technical Communication Skills for Municipal Clerks*
- Grant Writing for Local Governments
- Emerging Transportation Innovations
- Leadership, Organization, and Management through a Diversity Lens*
- Community Connections & Leadership*
- Self-Actualization: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome*
- Designing & Administering Effective Public Meetings*
- Municipal Elections Administration—Clerks’ Role
- Planning your Community’s Future: Land Use Administration
- Legal Issues Facing Municipalities*
- Citizen Participation through a Planning Lens*
- Knowledge and Project Management*
- Accounting and Budgeting for Municipal Governments*
- Sustainable Water Management: Delaware’s Water World
* Denotes MMC-level courses