Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) Program
The MMC program is the second and more advanced of the two professional designations granted by IIMC. The MMC program is an advanced continuing education program that prepares participants to perform complex municipal duties. The program has an extensive and rigorous educational component and a professional contribution component. The MMC applicant must demonstrate that they have actively pursued education and professional activities.
The following are the requirements for obtaining the MMC designation:
- Hold a CMC designation in good standing
- Be an active Full, Additional Full or Retired Member of IIMC. If you are an Associate Member, please contact the Education Department to discuss your options.
- Reaffirm IIMC's Code of Ethics - This happens when you submit your applications.
- Begin the MMC Step By Step Process- This will outline the two required applications needed for certification.
- Attain 60 points in the Advanced Education category - Be sure to check out your local Academy program.
- Attain 40 points in Professional Contributions category
NOTE: All points earned towards the MMC designation must be dated after any prior designation (i.e. CMC, CMC Recertification, or, if applicable, any prior Levels). For example, if the applicant's CMC designation was obtained in March of 2008, no materials dated prior to March of 2008 will be accepted towards the MMC designation.
All points must be earned according to the provisions of the Education Guidelines.
MMC Certification Fees
- MMC Certification Fee = $400.00 - includes MMC Certificate and Lapel Pin
- Walnut Plaque (optional) = $40 (US only) - total price will be $440.00
- Installment Options - Fees can be paid all up front or only the required non-refundable $50.00 Admissions Fee can be paid to begin with any remaining balance paid at the end of the program.
- Application for Admission - Please complete this form if you will be paying your initial admission fee online with a credit card.
- Application for Admission (PDF)- Please complete and mail this form along with payment if you will be paying your initial admission fee by check, or would like to mail your payment information in.
- Education Payment Form - Please complete this form if you will be making your final payment using a credit card.
- Education Payment Form (PDF) -Please complete this form and submit it to IIMC Headquarters if you will be submitting a check for your final payment.
Need Financial Assistance to Pay for Training?
The IIMC Foundation offers numerous financial opportunities including Institute Scholarships, IIMC Conference Grants and Online Learning Scholarships. The Foundation does not provide funding for the actual certification fees listed above.
Worldwide Certification Numbers
Curious how many MMCs there are worldwide? How about how many are in your state? The Education Department runs a report at the end of each month that gives you that information.
Find the January of 2019 report here!