You are here:
The International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) promotes continuing education and certification, professional development programs, networking solutions and other opportunities and benefits for its members. IIMC realizes how vital continuing education is to its membership, and that educational needs are diverse throughout the world.
IIMC supports extensive educational programs and courses through a variety of methods, including IIMC-approved University and College based Institutes, State/Provincial/National associations, International study and exchange programs, on-line courses, publications, and annual conferences. IIMC promotes life-long learning, skill development, public service and fosters a spirit of mutual assistance and goodwill among Municipal Clerks around the globe. We continually work to advance leading practices in professional and personal development, create opportunities for its diverse membership to engage in training and development activities and programs, and support education programs that enrich knowledge.
IIMC provides members with two certifications, earned through participation in educational programs and involvement in a variety of professional development activities. These certifications are the Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) designation and the Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) designation. The certifications and educational programs offered through IIMC empower its members to achieve academic and professional success.
IIMC offers two professional certifications:
- Certified Municipal Clerk Designation - The Certified Municipal Clerk program is designed to enhance the job performance of the Clerk in small and large municipalities. To earn the CMC designation, a Municipal Clerk must attend extensive education programs. Click here for more information.
- Master Municipal Clerk Designation - The MMC program is an advanced continuing education program that prepares participants to perform complex municipal duties. The program has an extensive and rigorous educational component and a professional and social contribution component. The MMC applicant must demonstrate that they have actively pursued education and professional activities. Click here for more information.
Associate Director of Education
8331 Utica Ave.
Ph: (909) 944-4162
Fax: (909) 944-8545
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Athenian Leadership Society - Teaching leadership through dialogue.
- Institutes - Information on IIMC- approved Institutes and their Directors.
- Online Learning Institute - An alternative means of providing all or part of the education component required for IIMC designation.
- ed2go Online Courses- IIMC has approved online courses through ed2go. Courses completed through ed2go will earn 1 CMC Experience- point per 6 hours or 1 MMC Advanced Education point per 6 hours.
- Additional Online Course Offerings- Earn points toward IIMC certification with these online alternatives
- Study Abroad Program - The purpose of the program is to provide a unique educational and cultural experience for IIMC members with an evaluation of practical and academic studies.
- International Exchange Program -This program will provide an opportunity for IIMC members to gain knowledge and improve their skills by interacting with their counterparts in other countries.
Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships and Grants - Opportunities for IIMC members to receive scholarship and grant assistance.