8331 Utica Ave.
Ph: (909) 944-4162
Fax: (909) 944-8545
The MMC program is the second and more advanced of the two professional designationsgranted by IIMC. The MMC program is an advanced continuing education program thatprepares participants to perform complex municipal duties. The program has an extensiveand rigorous educational component and a professional contribution component. The MMCapplicant must demonstrate that they have actively pursued education and professionalactivities.
The following are the requirements for obtaining the MMC designation:
- Hold a CMC designation in good standing
- Be an active Full, Additional Full or Retired Member of IIMC. If you are an Associate Member, please contact the Education Department to discuss your options.
- Reaffirm IIMC's Code of Ethics - This happens when you submit your applications.
- Begin the MMC Step By Step Process - This will outline the two required applications needed for certification.
- Attain 60 points in the Advanced Education category - Be sure to check out your local Academy program.
- Attain 40 points in Professional Contributions category
NOTE: All points earned towards the MMC designation must be dated after any prior designation (i.e. CMC, CMC Recertification, or, if applicable, any prior Levels). For example, if the applicant’s CMC designation was obtained in March of 2008, no materials dated prior to March of 2008 will be accepted towards the MMC designation.
All points must be earned according to the provisions of the Education Guidelines
For additional ways to earn your points, check out the following opportunities: