8331 Utica Ave.
Ph: (909) 944-4162
Fax: (909) 944-8545
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm Pacific Time
The MMC program is the second and more advanced of the two professional designations granted by IIMC. The MMC program is an advanced continuing education program that prepares participants to perform complex municipal duties. The program has an extensive and rigorous educational component and a professional contribution component. The MMC applicant must demonstrate that they have actively pursued education and professional activities.
***The 2015 MMC Scholarship Applications are now being accepted through March 1, 2015.****
Need assistance paying for your Academy Program?
MCEF will reimburse you for the cost of your Institute or Academy attendance up to $400. Typically MMC recipients are awarded $100 scholarships. Please visit the Scholarship and Grant page of the website for more information including criteria and applications. This scholarship cannot be applied toward IIMC certification fees.
The following are the requirements for obtaining the MMC designation:
**MMC Certification Fees
- Hold a CMC designation in good standing
- Be an active member of IIMC
- Reaffirm IIMC's Code of Ethics
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission (program enrollment form), along with the non-refundable enrollment fee** of $50 (applicable towards the total $400 fee).
- Complete and submit an IIMC Application for the MMC designation with required supporting documentation.
- Attain 60 points in the Advanced Education category
- Attain 40 points in Professional Contributions category, 20 of which can be a combination of Advanced Education and/or Professional Contribution points
- All points earned towards the MMC designation must be dated after any prior designation (i.e. CMC, CMC Recertification, or, if applicable, any prior Levels). For example, if the applicant’s CMC designation was obtained in March of 2008, no materials dated prior to March of 2008 will be accepted towards the MMC designation.
The total cost of the MMC Designation is $400. IIMC requires a non-refundable deposit of $50 to complete admission/enrollment in the program. This $50 deposit will be credited toward the total cost of $400. The remaining balance of $350 may be paid in installments throughout the application process or paid in full upon completion of point requirements. If the applicant wishes to purchase the walnut plaque they may do so for a additional $40 fee.
Need assistance paying for your Institute or Academy Program?
MCEF will reimburse you for the cost of your Institute or Academy attendance up to $400. Typically CMC recipients are awarded $400 and MMC recipients are awarded $100 scholarships. Please visit the Scholarship and Grant page of the website for more information including criteria and applications. This scholarship cannot be applied toward IIMC certification fees.
There are several resources available for those pursuing MMC designation including: