8331 Utica Ave.
Ph: (909) 944-4162
Fax: (909) 944-8545
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm Pacific Time
The Certified Municipal Clerk program is designed to enhance the job performance of the Clerk in small and large municipalities. To earn the CMC designation, a Municipal Clerk must attend extensive education programs. The CMC designation also requires pertinent experience in a municipality. The CMC program prepares the applicants to meet the challenges of the complex role of the Municipal Clerk by providing them with quality education in partnership with institutions of higher learning, as well as State / Provincial / National Associations. The CMC program has been assisting clerks to excel since 1970.
All points shall be earned according to the provisions of the IIMC Education Guidelines
The following are the requirements for obtaining the CMC designation:
- Perform the core duties of a municipal clerk by serving a Legislative Government Body (LGB) in an administrative capacity with management responsibilities, which would include four of the following. Deputy clerks must perform at least four of the eight core duties:
- Custody of the official seal and execution of official documents
- General Management
- Records Management
- Meeting Administration
- Management of by-laws, Articles of Incorporation, ordinances or other legal instruments
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
2. Be an active member of IIMC for two years
NOTE: Members are encouraged to enroll in the certification program and begin submitting for points even if this membership requirement has not been fulfilled. Members are welcome to work with the Education Department in fulfilling all other requirements during this two year time period. Please contact Ashley DiBlasi if clarification is required.
3. Affirm and practice the IIMC Code of Ethics
4. Submit the Application for Admission along with the $50 non-refundable enrollment fee** Please consider this form your "Enrollment Form" into the CMC program.
5. Complete and submit an Application for CMC Designation accompanied by required supporting documentation. Please consider this your "Point Request Form." For more information on what this form is and why it is needed click here.
6. Attain 60 points in the Education category
7. Attain 50 points in the Experience category