Beginning the Process
Please review the Candidate's Guide
for more details.
If you answer yes to either of the following questions, then it's time to take that initial step forward and put your perspective, leadership and knowledge to task by serving as an IIMC Board of Director.
How to Run for Office
- Do I want to be part of the body that is responsible for making decisions regarding policy, service and education?
- Do I want my decisions, direction and vision about IIMC's future to directly impact the membership?
All candidates running for office must submit the following items:
- A completed nomination form announcing his or her candidacy 120 days prior to the annual meeting (Deadline: Monday, January 23, 2017)
- A recent photograph for use in the News Digest - (must be a high quality digital photograph, printed pictures are not acceptable.)
- A 200-word essay (not to exceed 200 words) detailing the candidate's qualifications and emphasizing activities in the Municipal Clerk's profession. Note: Candidates agree and understand that the above information will be published as received in the News Digest. If the submitted statement exceeds 200 words, only the first 200 words will be published without editing by IIMC staff
A Director's term of office is three years. Candidates for the Director's office must meet the following qualifications:
- Have served at least three years as a Municipal Clerk as defined in Article III of the IIMC Constitution; and, if elected, remain a full or additional full member during the term of office
- Have been an IIMC member for at least three years
- Written endorsement of candidacy from the legislative governmental body they represent
- Have attended at least three annual conferences (candidates from Regions I through IX)
- Have attended at least two annual conferences (candidates from Regions X and XI)
Note: Candidates from Regions I through IX who have attended only two conferences and candidates from Regions X and XI who have attended only one conference are eligible if they also attend the conference at which the candidate's election will be held.
Election of Region Directors
View details on how Region Directors are elected.